Why do we need a new building?
• Castle Rock Medical Center was designed and built in 1979 for private physician offices; 40 years later the use and potential for the building have changed.
• Costs for renovations vs. a new building being comparable, it makes sense to invest the money in a new energy efficient building that is current with building codes and will require less maintenance costs in the coming years.
• Aging control systems, heating and cooling systems, roof, plumbing, lack of fire suppression and security system alarms, as well as changing building codes are just a few pieces that were considered in making this decision.
How will a new building benefit patients?
• An updated clinic space will allow the patient care team to work together in a unified space, improving communication and efficiency and improving the overall quality of the patient experience.
• A new, well-thought out working environment will assist in recruiting new physicians and visiting specialists. There is a predicted shortage of family practice physicians for the next decade; this new facility will help keep CRMC competitive and provide the services the community needs.
How can we afford a new building?
• Increased patient volumes over the years have put CRMC in a favorable financial position to plan for growth.
• Financial feasibility studies indicate the debt financing and projected 120 days of cash on hand (industry best practice is 90 days) will allow us to conservatively pay for this building.
Are patient fees going to increase because of the new debt?
• Our mission of providing affordable access to the highest quality healthcare is always top of mind. We are committed to remaining competitive.
• Any fee increases that the patient may see are due to rising operational and supply costs. The new building will not be a factor in these increases.
Where will the new building be located?
• The new building will be located just in front of the existing building, closer to the road.
• The existing building will remain open during construction, although there will be times when the parking lot or route to our front door will be altered. We plan to have clear signage during those times to help direct you.